Training your pet
Training your dog to the system is teaching your dog the new boundaries in his life. It is a training
protocol primarily based on positive reinforcement. For your dog, the training process will be fun and interactive and
includes time spent with you as well as a certified Dog Guard Trainer. The process can take up to 5-7 days and the dog must
be supervised during this period.
During the training period, our trainer works with you and your dog. Phone consultations during this process are also
encouraged, and benefit our animal and human clients alike. Each Dog Guard underground fence system requires pet training
customized for your situation. Training is the most important - and most variable - part of our system.
|Some important tips before you begin...
Now some tips on training your pet..
- Follow the steps closely – they will result in success!
- Your pet must not be off the leash for the initial 7 to 10 days of training
- Collar should be worn all day from the first day of training and taken off every night.
- If training more than 1 pet, train them separately at least for the first 5 to 6 day.
- Train at least 2 to 3 times a day, more if possible, but keep it short – 5 to 15 minutes depending on the
size of property.
- No more than 3 electronic collar corrections per day.
- Only take the pet off the property as directed, and if taking your pet out in a vehicle take the receiver
collar off before leaving.
- Above all have fun training, keep it happy. Always try to end a training session with some fun time,
throwing a ball around or whatever makes them happy.